Readers

Friday, October 1, 2010

# Book Review # Child Book Review

Book Review: Friends Forever: Adventures of Henderson

Summary from GoodReads: Anita Hilliker Kieslich is a wife, mother, grandmother, and educator. She has a Doctorate of Education and over 40 years experience in teaching, counseling, educational technical assistance, early childhood training, and managing child care programs. To make a stuffed Henderson like the one in the photo, request the pattern at kvkafk@earthlink.net. Extended activities that accompany the book are also available.


My Review: This was a really cute book and my almost 7 year old and I read it together {with my 10 year old daughter quickly deciding to listen as well}. This book is a wonderful example of how friendships can make it through distances by using a little boy and a duck as an example. The friendship that you hold in your heart is never forgotten by either person. And, after time, those visits to see each other get more and more special and your bond can still continue to grow.

Perfect, too, for those who are new at experiencing having a friend move away. A great addition to any children's library. I always enjoy the books that truly show a bond between a human and an animal as well. So that was an added bonus for me. 


RATING: ♥♥♥♥

Pages: 30
Softcover

Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.