Readers

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

# 2024 # Author Interview

Stephanie R. Caffrey - London Detective Agency #AuthorInterview


Just as your books inspire authors, what authors have inspired you to write?

JR Ward, Emily Henry, John Green

How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you recommend?

They’re not super important. I choose names based on how they sound, and then I use a name randomizer on the internet for last names based on their ethnicity.

What do you consider to be your best accomplishment?

My children

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I would love to be able to write full-time, with several books out in the world.

What do you think most characterizes your writing?

I think the humor I infuse really characterizes my writing. I write suspense, but my characters tend to be really funny. I grew up in a house with humor infused in everything, and my husband and I tend to use humor a lot, and I found that I really wanted my books to reflect that. Which is why even if my main characters aren’t always funny, there is a side character who is that person. You have to have some sort of levity when things start to get serious.

What was the hardest part of writing this book?

Finding time. I’m a mom to two children, so finding time to sit down and write has become a precious commodity. Before kids, I could write whenever, but with a ten and four year old, finding time to sit down uninterrupted to write is very rare.  

Are there underrepresented groups or ideas featured if your book?  If so, discuss them.

Tessa in Be My Little Baby is Latina. I am Mexican-American, my grandmother immigrated to the United States in the 1950s and I have a lot of family still living in Mexico. It has become important to me to see more heroines in books who look like me. Where they are proud of their Latin heritage, even if they don’t look Latina, or speak the language, or that is only part of their heritage. I always get surprised looks when I tell people I’m Mexican-American, and so writing my experience into books has been important to me and Tessa is my first, but by no means my last, character like this.

Are there misconceptions that people have about your book?  If so, explain.

I haven’t heard anyone having any misconceptions about the book.

What social networks and websites do you participate on?

www.srcaffrey.com – My author website and book blog

www.facebook.com/stephcaffreyauthor

www.instagram.com/stephcaffreyauthor

www.twitter.com/beatlechickstep

 

This or That

~ Tea or coffee?

Tea

~ iOS or Android?

Android

~ Tattoos or Piercings?

Tattoos

~ Google or Bing?

Google

~ Minecraft or Roblox?

Minecraft

~ Harry Potter or The Lord of the Rings?

Lord of the Rings

~ eBay or Amazon?

Amazon

~ PayPal or bank account?

Bank Account

~ Grammys or Oscars?

Oscars

~ Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Wars

~ Harry Potter or Hobbit?

Harry Potter

~ Bond or Bourne?

Bond

Book Blurb:

MISTAKEN IDENTITY:
Graduate student Evelyn Stevenson is on her way to study abroad, and it’s her first time away from home. Excited for the adventure of a lifetime, she wasn’t planning on running, literally, into someone on her London layover who would change the course of her life.
Now on the radar of a notorious crime boss, she must rely on handsome and burly private investigator, Patrick Miller, to protect her. But he seems like he’s on a mission for revenge. Will his hard heart melt enough to let her in? If they can survive long enough to try.
Tropes: sworn off love, damsel in distress, protector, private investigator, geek, international

BE MY LITTLE BABY:
When Tessa Lopez opened her bakery, she expected to barely break even. Instead, she’s become one of the most popular shops in London. Life would be perfect, except someone is stalking her, sending threatening letters and photographs.
When the police can’t help, she goes to the famous and too-sexy private detective, James Moore. As they work to uncover her stalker, Tessa and James fight an undeniable attraction. But he doesn’t date clients, or so he keeps repeating.
Will they be able to resist their attraction and survive the person hellbent on making her his, at any cost. Or will their chemistry bring about their end?
Tropes: damsel in distress, protector, private investigator, forbidden love, beta, international

Book Buy link:

https://books2read.com/u/3GoZWp


Author Bio:

Stephanie R. Caffrey is a debut romantic suspense author who lives with her family in the Midwest. When she’s not working on her original writing, she loves to write fanfiction. She is a proud marginalized voice in the Mexican-American community. Besides writing, she enjoys sewing, knitting, and cross stitching.




Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.