Readers

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

# 2020 # Net Galley

#BookReview Slow Hand by Victoria Vane



*Book & Details provided by Net Galley in exchange for honest review.*


Description

In rural Montana...
Wade Knowlton is a hardworking lawyer who's torn between his small-town Montana law practice and a struggling family ranch. He's on the brink of exhaustion from trying to save everybody and everything, when gorgeous Nicole Powell walks into his office. She's a damsel in distress and the breath of fresh air he needs.
Even the lawyers wear boots...
Nicole Powell is a sassy Southern girl who has officially sworn off cowboys after a spate of bad seeds-until her father's death sends her to Montana and into the arms of a man who seems too good to be true. Her instincts tell her to high tail it out of Montana, but she can't resist a cowboy with a slow hand...

 My Thoughts:
The pros for this book: cowboys, ranches, and Montana (have you been? It's absolutely beautiful.).
My con? Nikki. I have such a difficult time when I can't stand the heroine. In some books a whiny, stubborn, pushy, mouthy, etc female works - in others it just doesn't. For me, living in the country where men wear real cowboy hats and boots and still say "yes ma'am" and open doors for you - her attitude just didn't seem to fit. Out here, she'd have to conform or be an outsider. So, I was surprised a bit with the attraction. However, of course, it was needed for the book.,...but Nikki --I just couldn't get into her, not in the role she had to take with Wade.

Wade- what's not to love? A gentlemanly cowboy trying to do right for the family ranch. I can't fault him for falling for Nikki (although couldn't he have run into anyone else?). This book is good (not great) because WADE makes it that way.

 My Rating: 3 of 5







Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.