Readers

Monday, September 11, 2023

# 2023 # article

#IndieAuthor Struggles - When do You say When? What Budget for Advertising?



I know have been so overly silent on this blog. I have been struggling with so many things.
I have felt pretty bad (health-wise) for the last 4 or 5 months. (No health insurance - when I had to cut bills due to losing a bonus - health insurance was one of the things that got cut). I Have been posting at Hazardous To Your Sanity (we do still have several contributor openings available - email Faith at hazardous2yoursanity@gmail.com )

I am getting ready to redo and re-release some books and current WIPs. It's been a struggle as Beta Readers seem to be impossible to find now. So much has changed over the last 14 years I've been in the book world, and I'm not certain it's all been for the best.

My main worry is putting so much time into releasing these books and series and no one purchasing them. I mean, there are literally hundreds of thousands of other authors out there that have a budget to get their books in ads. I do not have that budget. The idea is to supplement my regular job income (to make up for the lost bonus, I need to clear just under $2000/month).

As I type this - sitting here - I am already exhausted. I have no idea what is going on with my energy level or how to get it back.

Know that I am trying - though releases may be slower than I would like and posts may come in spurts -- I hope you will all continue to visit, sign up for my newsletter, and even join the new contributor blog (opening soon): InToXxiKaTed InTenTionZ (want to contribute? Just email me: majik.of.mystee@gmail.com -- this one is romance content only).




Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.