Readers

Thursday, April 11, 2024

# 2024 # A to Z Challenge 2024

#AtoZChallenge - Blackwood Manor #Cozy Mystery - Part J #BlogBoost



Claire looked surprised for a moment, realizing she rarely got asked that question. People in Willow Creek had always stayed in their lane and minded their own business. “I had graduated college and just really wasn’t sure what I wanted. I knew I didn’t want the big city life – too many crazy people for a forensic psychologist.” Claire paused, giving an uncomfortable laugh. “Plus, you know how it goes, family drama I was tired of it. So, I packed what I could fit in my car and started driving. I only ended up here because I heard it mentioned while paying for gas as a station along the highway.” Claire stopped again, looking at Ryan she continued. “I only stayed because I met Ryan. I had only planned to stay here a year or two.”

“I see. Therefore, you would agree, Oliver Blackwood could have just dropped in here quite randomly, after all?” Henry inquired with a mischievous smile.

Claire went to speak and stopped, knowing there was no point and that the old man was very correct in his thought.

Ryan was getting impatient, knowing Clare would pester and question Henry Jacobs until winter was upon them as well as falling snow.

“Claire, maybe we should start wrapping this up,” Ryan suggested.



Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.