Readers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

# Barbara Briggs Ward # Book Review

Book Review: The Reindeer Keeper

Summary from GoodReads: Abbey senses something special about the little man tending to the reindeer who, along with a century-old farmhouse, a barn full of animals, and fields abounding in woods and pasture, was a gift to Abbey from a stranger. Abbey and her husband, Steve, move in just before the holidays. They have been together since the '60s, eloping when Steve returned from Vietnam. Now with Abbey's cancer in remission, they're looking forward to their boys coming home for Christmas.
Turns out this Christmas proves to be more magical than anticipated as Abbey realizes an understanding never thought possible through the rekindling of a belief rooted in childhood. Of course it's who delivers this gift on Christmas Eve that gives Abbey and Steve the strength to face their greatest challenge.


My Review: This story is all about the magic of Christmas that we sometimes forget due to stress, economy and other pressures. Abbey inherits a reindeer farm {I was actually jealous--I think it would be so fun}. 


This story tells you about a family full of love with ups and downs...yet still sticking together. It reminded me of growing up: fireplaces, soft lit barns--home. The characters are wonderfully presented. 


Again, this was a book I picked up, started to read and didn't put down until I'd finished it. If you need to renew your belief in Santa...this book is a must have.


RATING: ♥♥♥♥♥

Pages: 171
Softcover

Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.