Readers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

# Book Review # Robert Landori

Book Review: Havana Harvest

Summary from GoodReads: Havana Harvest follows the maneuvers of two adversarial intelligence services in their attempts to inflict maximum damage on each other as they move through a maze of high-tension suspense. In Cuba, General Patricio Casas must decide whether to support the revolution he has defended for so many years or do what is good for his people and challenge the selfish authoritarianism of the Castroite regime. Meanwhile, CIA operative Robert Lonsdale is tasked with determining why a captain in Fidel s army who recently arrived in Miami with a suitcase full of money seeks U.S. protection from a Colombian drug cartel and the Cuban secret police. Lonsdale is quickly drawn into a maelstrom of intrigue and murder from which there seems to be no escape unless he can convince General Casas to help. Apparently double-crossed by his colleagues and a self-serving Agency director, Lonsdale struggles on alone in an attempt to outfox the shadowy tormentors who intend to silence him forever.


My Review: This is a well written book for a first novel. The plot, well, it's easy to figure out, but that doesn't keep you from enjoying the book {we all have books that we figure out in the first 50 pages, but they are still good}.


Now, I've already done my FBI book review today, so this one is full of CIA, espionage and a lot of action. This books takes you across several countries while Mr. Lonsdale is working off the record for the CIA. Through the book he pieces together his case. 


This book takes you through relationships torn apart and those that get brought together. 


Another great book to pick up and read after the crime shows on television are over. 




RATING: ♥♥♥



Pages: 393
Softcover








Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about this one either. As I mentioned before, I love that you read such a variety and it's opened my eyes to some good books that I would have passed up. But, this one, again, I don't think is for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.