Readers

Monday, October 4, 2010

# Book Review # Cynthia Harrod Eagles

Book Review: The Princeling

Summary from GoodReads: 1558 - Elizabeth I and Mary, Queen of Scots 





Protestantism is sweeping the land and threatens the position of the Catholic Morlands, so they must seek new spheres of influence. John, the heir, rides north to the untamed Borderlands to wed the daughter of Black Will Percy, Northumberland cattle lord. But he finds he must first prove himself, and win her heart through blood and battle. John's gentle sister Lettice is given in marriage to the ruthless Scottish baron, Lord Robert Hamilton, and in the treacherous court of Mary, Queen of Scots, she learns the fierce lessons of survival. 



My Review: This is book 3 in the series. I have not read the first 2 but didn't have a hard time following this book.


I enjoyed the fact that it's obvious that the author did a lot of historical research for this book. I always love history and especially accuracy. I don't know, but I really just couldn't get into the book. It's not that I couldn't follow it, it just never pulled me in like some others do. Maybe she tried to cover too many years within this book. I couldn't real grab onto any of the characters, certain parts seemed almost rushed to me. 


I'd recommend reading the first books. If you enjoy those, this is definitely a have to read with more to follow. 













RATING: ♥♥





Pages: 424
Softcover












Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.