Readers

Monday, September 6, 2010

# Book Review # K.D. Koratsky

Book Review: Living With Evolution or Dying Without it


Summary from GoodReads:
Evolution by way of natural selection is more than a theory that can explain certain earthly phenomena. It is a logical inevitability that applies to all earthly (and universal) phenomena. Hence, humans are in no way, and cannot possibly be in any way, exempted from this reality, as this would require the elimination of all threats to human existence—physical, predatory, microbial, and rival. By extension, based on natural variation patterns generally, and different evolutionary histories specifically, whatever actions humans undertake as individuals and/or in the form of groups will invariably have selection ramifications. In short, humans can use ideas to advance their own causes, if they comport with evolutionary principles, by keeping a step ahead of natural selection; or humans can use ideas to hurt their own causes, or increase their chances of extinction to the extent that they do not comport with evolutionary principles



My Review: For those of you that really know me, you know I'm a closet nerd {lol} I love sports, was always athletic {still am} but I also have that inner geek in me. I've been obsessed with evolution for years now. I love the idea of forming the world and beings as more than some type of magic...*and so it was*.

This book is a huge book and not a one night read. It is very well written and a great item to have on your reference shelf.

This book takes you chronologically through the phases and happenings of evolution. There's even an incredibly awesome pull out timeline in the back of the book.

If you go into this with an open mind...be prepared to have many of your opinions changed {if you weren't already pro-evolution}. This book lays out the facts clearly for all levels of adult readers.

Koratsky hits the nail on the head with this one.


RATING: ♥♥♥♥♥

Pages: 618
Hardcover

Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by Mommy Minded! I am following back!

    Megan
    www.mommyminded.blogspot.com
    Christmas Countdown Giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This sounds like something that would definitely catch my attention! I loved reading about these things in college as well as any other time! Thank you for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.