Readers

Thursday, April 18, 2024

# 2024 # A to Z Challenge 2024

#AtoZChallenge - Blackwood Manor #Cozy Mystery - Part P #BlogBoost



As they stepped inside, the musty smell of decay filled their nostrils, and the silence was deafening. Claire's footsteps echoed ominously in the empty corridors, while Ryan scanned the surroundings with a detective's trained eye.

“Do you feel that?” Claire whispered to Ryan, ignoring that Oliver was right next to them, her voice barely above a breath.

Ryan nodded, a furrow forming on his brow. “There’s something here, something… unsettling.”

Oliver let out an uncomfortable laugh. “Really, you must stop watching The Next 48.”

With a serious look, “I’ve never seen it.” Claire stated. Claire started walking down the hall to the right, not waiting to see if either would follow her.

“I assure you, there’s not much to see until I get the renovations done, and that, even with my finances, will take some time. Right now there’s peeling paint, dripping faucets, and stained and ripped carpet. Some ceilings are caving in, some fireplaces that I wonder if will ever work again.” Stopping mid-thought to look at Ryan, “Do fireplaces become outdated? Too old to safely work?” He asked.




Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.