Readers

Friday, July 30, 2010

# Annie Burnside # Book Review

Book Review: Soul to Soul Parenting


Summary from GoodReads:
A guidebook for parents who want to infuse greater spiritual awareness into everyday life. SOUL TO SOUL PARENTING gives you the tools to lead an authentic, conscious, divinely inspired life so that you can provide the same for your children. Tap into your intuitive wisdom as together you explore universal spiritual principles through a variety of simple, daily means. • Opens up communication with 15 universal themes such as connectedness, boundaries, presence, openness, truth, perception, authenticity and joy. • Features 22 methods for integrating spirituality into family life, including visual cues, the spirit mobile, art, the intuitive-gratitude journal, nature and more! • Includes thought-provoking parent contemplations, family activities and an extensive list of suggested books, music, and movies for all age levels. SOUL TO SOUL PARENTING assists parents in becoming active participants in their children's awakening as conscious global citizens. A key message for parents: Once a divine perspective is ignited within, we can feel more intimately connected to the eternal source, cultivating personal truth, authentic relationships, and enhanced life experiences.



My Review:
There is no greater gift to another, within any relationship, than encouraging that individual to live and express her own truth (232).
When I first picked up this book, I was worried that it was going to be an overly religious book. So I was a little hesitant to read it.

However, when I picked it up and finally began reading, I found that it had a lot of things in it that I try to *push* onto my kids. For example, going through and living life wide awake. You need to know what's around you, be ready, take consequences for your choices and not lay blame.

There are activities, 15 universal themes and 22 methods for integration. Of course, not everything was something that I'd use/try. But there was a lot of ideas that really opened up some further thought on the parent and child bonds.

This is a great idea for parents of school aged children. A lot of wonderful ideas and ways to make them work for you. Even when you think, as I do, that your bonds are strong with your children, there's always at least a new idea or two that will make it even better. Don't pass up that chance, pick up this book.




RATING: ♥♥♥

Pages: 254
Softcover

Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

2 comments:

  1. I've read this and parts of it sound like you are within your home. When I picked it up I was worried that it would sound too preachy, something I'm definitely not into, but I survived the book and took away a couple new ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.