Readers

Thursday, September 5, 2024

# 2024 # Author Interview

Rachelle Paige Campbell - Unmasking a Cowgirl #AuthorInterview




Just as your books inspire authors, what authors have inspired you to write?

               I grew up on Jane Austen and Lucy Maud Montgomery. Both of these women wrote contemporary stories that centered on female characters and really empowered readers (including me).

How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name-choosing resources you recommend?

Names are important because they can hint at a character before the reader gets to know them. My go-to resource is always the social security administration website because I can look up popular baby names for the year each character was born. This is really important in contemporary romance as I get older but my heroines seem to get younger.

For the Match Made in Montana series, I took special care to think about last names too. The founding families needed strong monikers that hinted at old East Coast wealth and I think I nailed it with Hawke, Kincaid, and Whittier.

What do you consider to be your best accomplishment?

               My best accomplishment is taking chances. In my life, I seize every opportunity I can—even if it scares me. The growth in myself, my writing, my personal life has all come to being brave and putting myself out there.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

               In ten years, I hope I’m still publishing new stories and have watched an adaptation of at least one of my books into a film. In my personal life, my husband and I will be empty nesters. I hope we’re traveling a lot, too.

What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.

What took you so long to write a Western romance?

               Some of the most popular sweet, contemporary romances, my subgenre, are set in the West with ranches and cowboys. I had a hard time finding the “right” hero for a book that readers would love but still be true to my brand. I don’t write stubborn, alpha males. When I started brainstorming, I found Ryan, Ted, and Joe, three heroes who are kind and thoughtful and the books came easily after that.

What do you think most characterizes your writing?

               I think my writing is most characterized by the community of secondary characters that support, challenge, and encourage the main characters. No one lives in a bubble in one of my books. I love writing small towns because I live in a close-knit suburb where friends look out for each other.

What was the hardest part of writing this book? 

               The hardest part of writing this book was knowing it would be the last in the series. I’ve become very fond of Herd, Montana and its inhabitants and wasn’t ready to say goodbye. I hope readers will enjoy the snippets of the previous couples’ happily ever after endings and find a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.

What did you enjoy most about writing this book?

               In Unmasking A Cowgirl, I was able to tie up loose ends from the previous two books. When I sat down to write the book, I flew through the first draft. In edits, I found the heart of the story. I most enjoyed the resolutions in this book.

What social networks and websites do you participate on? I’m most active on Instagram and my website.

a.      Website: https://rachellepaigecampbell.com/

b.      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Rachelle-Paige-Campbell-511680888981810/

c.      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rachellepaigebooks/

d.      Bluesky: https://bsky.app/profile/rpcauthor.bsky.social

 

e.      Twitter: https://twitter.com/rpaigebooks

f.       Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/rachelle-paige-campbell

g.      Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/rpaigecampbell/boards/

h.      Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Rachelle-Paige-Campbell/e/B00T0T533Q

i.       Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13453682.Rachelle_Paige_Campbell

j.       Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@rachellepaigecampbell

 

 

This or That

~ Tea or coffee?  Coffee

~ iOS or Android? iOS

~ Tattoos or Piercings? Piercings

~ Google or Bing?  Google

~ Minecraft or Roblox?  Roblox

~ Harry Potter or The Lord of the Rings?  Harry Potter

~ eBay or Amazon?  Amazon

~ PayPal or bank account? PayPal

~ Grammys or Oscars?  Oscars

~ Star Wars or Star Trek?  Star Wars

~ Harry Potter or Hobbit?  Harry Potter

~ Bond or Bourne?  Bourne

Book Blurb:

Middle school teacher and amateur historian, Joe Staunch, likes everyone in smalltown, Herd, Montana. Except for Abby Whit. He can’t quite pinpoint what annoys him so much, besides the unnerving feeling she is lying to him and everyone in their close-knit community.

Food truck owner, Abby Whit has a secret. The descendant of the infamous Whittier family, she never meant to settle in town under an alias, but she can’t imagine living anywhere else. Time is running out to claim her property, and she is unsure how to do so without upsetting everyone and ruining her life.

How does she come clean without destroying her newfound love? And can love survive a lie?

 

Book Buy link:

               https://books2read.com/u/b5BEqR

 


Author Bio:

        Rachelle Paige Campbell writes contemporary romance novels filled with heart and hope. With a master’s degree in Art History, she is always eager for a chance to sneak antiques into her books. Missing works of art capture a special place in her imagination. She believes love and laughter can change lives, and every story needs a happily ever after.



Share |

1 comment:

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.