Readers

Monday, November 22, 2010

# Book Review # Cookbook

Book Review: Kosher by Design: Teens & 20-somethings

Summary from GoodReads: This seventh volume in Susie Fishbein's bestselling Kosher by Design cookbook series brings cooking wisdom and party planning guidance to a new generation of at-home entertainers. Featuring recipes that are fun, diverse, healthful, requiring no special equipment and easy to make, this is the perfect cookbook for even the simplest kitchen.Susie says, "This is a cookbook that's been years in the making as I've considered how to make home cooked meals an exciting alternative to the fast food culture. Now anyone from teens and up can savor the delicious rewards of foods you'll make that'll have your family and friends clamoring for more! "100 delectable brand new recipesOver 100 full color photosOver 240 pagesHealthy ingredients for delicious dining inComprehensive cross-reference indexInspiring youth-oriented entertaining ideas: The Big Game Baseball Theme Party, Board Game Night, Arts and Crafts Party, Backyard Bash 


My Review: While I am not a teen and I've passed my 20-somethings...I'm not sure my complete maturity level has. One way to stay young, is to *be* young. So, when I got the opportunity to review this, I was all for it. Besides, I love to cook.

I have to say, this has become one of my favorite cookbooks. 

Some of our favorites: 
Spicy Barbecue Popcorn
Hot Pretzel Challah
Camp Lavi Fricassee
Frozen Banana Pops
Raspberry Ices Tea
Veggie Corn Fritters
Spicy Garlic Bread
Scones
Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Greek Turkey Salad
Schwarma Chicken
Apricot Sesame Roast
Eggplant Parmesan
Broccoli Quiche
Za'atar Cauliflower
Honey Cookies
Cappuccino Mousse

You get the idea. I've tried a large number of recipes in this book and you can plan any gathering start to finish with this cookbook as well.

This is a must have for teens and 20's -- as well as those of us with almost teens and teens and grandkids. Pick this one up for your kitchen.



RATING: ♥♥♥♥♥

Pages: 233
Hardcover

Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.