Readers

Monday, November 1, 2010

Book Review: Secrets

Summary from GoodReads: Following on the heels of the best-selling book The Truth, SECRETS is the continuing diary of a girl moving into her teen-age years. The Girl has plenty to fill her journal. The pages reveal a new school, a new baby in the family, new friends, a new guy and a new set of issues to face. Share the secret world of an almost-teen as she learns which secrets to share and which to keep to herself.

My Daughter's Reviews: HERE & HERE

My Review: As I'm reading the first few pages I feel like, attitude-wise, Dr Holstein has kidnapped my 12 year old daughter to observe her for a book. I had to laugh at the thoughts of how tall the other kids at her new school were. I had gone to pick my daughter up from the last dance of 6th grade {her school has grades 6-8} and almost all the kids were as tall and taller than me. What? I even got stopped by a teacher and asked where MY parents were. *sigh* {mind you, I"m 35 years old}

This book really got me thinking. Some of the things my kids go through, I assume {yes, we all know what that means} that they feel like I did growing up about it. I was lucky enough to be confident, not submit to peer pressure and to do as I wanted. I was happy with growing up and getting older. After reading this, I guess my thoughts that everyone is happy with moving forward and growing up might be wrong for some kids.

I really wanted to know what happened with Rob in the end. ;)

Anyway, a good quick read...not only for your girls but for Mom's too. My 12 & 9 year old girls both read the book in two days each. So, this is a must have -- so Mom's can *see the other side* and so the girls know they can feel that way.

RATING: ♥♥♥♥♥

Pages: 124
Softcover

Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review. I felt the same way when I read this book and the other. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment. Please feel free to re-share anything on my blog in any of the social networks. I can't always reply to each comment, but I do read them all.